Servolution is not an event; it is a culture. Infusing this culture into the DNA of the Church will change the view of the world and the perspective of the needs of those around us. This movement is rumbling throughout the body of Christ - a revolutionary army of people ready to take up this mandate. We are actively pursuing the lost, the forgotten, the poor, and the needy to show them a God who is passionately in love with them. We stand ready with one heart, saying, "I will serve others and show them the hope they can have in Jesus."
WHY SERVE? We serve others for several simple reasons:
1) Jesus did. Our goal as Christians is to become more like Christ every day. As we study God's Word, we learn about Jesus and the way He lived. Because Jesus loved people, He served them to show them that love (John 13). Our goal is the same, to serve people so they would also come to know Jesus as their personal Savior.
2) The Church and its purpose is best expressed outside its walls. We can't sit inside and wait for the world to come to us. We've got to get out in our communities and show people that we care and that there's a God who wants to heal them.
3) It's a tangible expression of the love of God for lost humanity. Words can't always fix our pain. People may know that God loves them, but maybe they haven't ever experienced God's love for them in a practical way. We can be a testimony to others of what God can do in their life!
4) It makes us irresistible to the world. When people see our genuine love for each other and others, they can't help but be drawn to it. Many times, serving can be a way to start conversation with people and give us an opportunity to tell them about the cross.
5) It tears down barriers and opens hearts. A kind word goes a long way. You never know what someone may be going through. Handing them that bottle of water or a hot meal may be just what they need for God to soften their hearts and open their minds to hear about the truth.